Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 Music Review

It's taken me a little while to get into the swing of things...but I figure the first post of this year should be last year in review.

Every year I make my Music Review. Just to be perfectly clear, so everyone knows the rules, the following must apply:
1. Each song MUST have been released in 2010.
2. I MUST like each song.
3. The mix tape as a whole should be a balance between Top 40 Hits, Best Reviewed Albums (usually considered "indie" music), and the songs that stuck with me from the moment I heard them.

There were a few albums this year that I loved the entire album, and those I played with a number of songs that I liked best to see what fit the mix as a whole. Other songs I never even listened to the rest of the album because I really didn't care for it. I won't point out which is which, but I will say my favorite albums of the year:
1. The National - High Violet
2. Taylor Swift - Speak Now
3. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

So, here for your reading (and hopefully listening pleasure), Emily's 2010 Music Review:
*One last note, this mix tape is meant to be listened to as a whole. The songs and their order were picked specifically with care to be enjoyed in this manner.

1. Raise Your Glass - Pink
2. Ready To Start - Arcade Fire
3. Everlasting Light - The Black Keys
4. Are You Satisfied - Marina and the Diamonds
5. Forget You - Cee Lo Green
6. I Can Change - LCD Soundsystem
7. Haunted - Taylor Swift
8. As She's Walking Away - Zac Brown Band (ft. Alan Jackson)
9. Fire - Bruce Springsteen
10. Airplanes - B.O.B. (ft. Hayley Williams)
11. Ambling Alp - Yeasayer
12. Bushwick Blues - Delta Spirit
13. Sorrow - The National
14. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
15. The Cave - Mumford & Sons
16. Love the Way You Lie - Eminem (ft. Rihanna)
17. Change of Time - Josh Ritter
18. Everywhere I Go - Lissie
19. Dancing On My Own - Robyn
20. Dark Fantasy - Kanye West

And here's to 2011...and the first actual week of releases! I'm excited to dive in!

XOXO-
EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment