Friday, October 1, 2010

Songs that make me Sing, Dance, and simply Smile

I could also refer to them as "Strength Songs" because when I do feel the itch to sing, dance, laugh out loud and I let myself freely do these things, I feel stronger. One of my friends is going through a hard time right now, so I felt she needed a good Mix Tape. Nothing too heavy, nothing too difficult to listen to. And especially nothing that makes you think too hard. There's a time and purpose for those songs, put this playlist was just about letting go of tension and enjoying a good day.

1. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + the Machine (no eye rolling. it goes on every mix tape from here to eternity)
2. Fearless - Taylor Swift
3. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
4. I Love Rock & Roll - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
5. I Believe In a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
6. Let It Go - Mitchell Musso & Tiffany Thornton (yes, it's from a Disney Channel Movie)
7. You Can't Stop the Beat - Cast of Hairspray
8. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
9. I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked - Ida Maria
10. Don't Stop Believin' - Glee Cast (it makes me happier than the Journey version)
11. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
12. Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
13. Toxic - Britney Spears
14. It's Gonna Be Me - 'NSYNC
15. Love Today - Mika
16. Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
17. Fall Into Love - Rabbit!
18. Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
19. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
20. Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel & Kristen Chenowith

Remember: no judgments. These songs make ME happy. And hopefully my friend.

XO-
EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment