Saturday, September 25, 2010

Everyday

Everyday - Buddy Holly
Album - Peggy Sue B-Side

I have been humming this song all day. It's on a commercial right now, though I couldn't tell you which one. I've watched a LOT of TV in the past 24 hours, so there's no telling. But as I'm cleaning my apartment getting ready for the next 3 weeks (my friend Cait comes next week, then I fly to TX to spend a night at ACL in Austin, then onto to my hometown for the major wedding countdown), I just feel like this song is my life.

Of course the only line I repeat is the title line:

Everyday it's a gettin' closer, going faster than a roller coaster. Love like yours will surely come my way.

It's a happy song about life moving fast. And isn't that the truth? The happiest moments of my life have been the fastest. These next 3 weeks are going to be amazing, and I want to relish in them. But as much as I want my sister's wedding day to come (because it is going to be the happiest day of her life), I also don't. Because then it's over, and the fun and the celebrating will have come and gone. It's like summitting a mountain, you work so hard to get to the top, but after a few minutes of relishing in the view and your accomplishment, you have to go back down. But that being said, my favorite moment (besides relishing in the view) of hiking is after I've gotten back to the cabin and showered and can sit on the porch with a beer, letting my body ache, and smiling at the memory. Same thing with dances in high school. I would get home, get a big bowl of ice cream and sit on the couch in my dress and remember the night.

My guess is three weeks from tonight, I'll be doing the same thing...only in a bridesmaid's dress with wedding cake. Complete with a huge smile about how blessed I am...and probably very sore feet from dancing the night away. But if the roller coaster could slow down just slightly, it would be much appreciated. Or maybe I should just throw my hands in the air and let the adrenaline rush hit, laughing all the way.

XO-
EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment