Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Searchin' My Soul

Searchin' My Soul - Vonda Shepard
Ally McBeal Soundtrack

I woke up this morning with the feeling that my throat was closing in on itself, and the exhaustion so overwhelming that the thought of digging through the clothes on my floor to try to find something clean made me start to cry. I'm not going to pretend this feeling hasn't happened before, but normally I suck it up, pull myself out of bed and face the day. But something inside told me to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep. So, I did. I slept, and slept, and caught up on my Netflix, and slept some more. My throat was pulsating in the way that feels like someone sucker punched me right in the neck and my head was so heavy, I could barely lift it off the pillow. I can't remember the last time I felt so miserable. But something happens in a day taken away from the world, you enjoy it that much more when you return.

I would like to thanks Netflix, though, for getting me through the day:
Camp Rock 2 (One of those songs almost made the soundtrack. They're just so darn catchy.)
Breaking Bad (Season Finale of Season One. This is a GREAT show.)
Ally McBeal (I pretty much love her, hence the song of the day. I've never watched this show before, but I honestly think this is the first "adult" character I've ever related to. She's career oriented and feisty, but incredibly unsure and just wants to belong. Who can't relate to that?)
And...
True Blood (Season 3 Finale. Disappointment all around.)

That's all. Back to bed.
XOXO
-EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment