Monday, September 13, 2010

Old Before Your Time

Old Before Your Time - Ray Lamontange
Album: God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise

I'm pretty exhausted today which is why the title of this makes me laugh. In my "teenage" years this would never have been a problem, but now in my old age...just can't quite stay out all night like I used to.

But, in all seriousness, it's the line "There's nothin' in the world so sad as talking to a man who never knew his life was his for making." Not discounting the past two days as unreal...because if days like those aren't considered real, then what's the point of life? But on my first "typical" day of 29 (for how long, who knows?), I want to remember this line. I want it to haunt me. There are too many people who tell me they don't have a choice about their state in life. And I just don't want to hear it anymore. I do know people in this world that aren't allowed to make the choices I can, but those are never the people I hear complain. Those are the most determined people I've had the grace of knowing...they get the lyrics to this song. And so do I.

I've quit passing the blame. My life is mine. And the fact that I'm too exhausted today to enjoy any of it is my problem...a problem I will not complain about because it was TOTALLY worth the memories I made last night!

XOXO
-EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment