Thursday, September 23, 2010

Songs for Ilir

I have a new friend...and new friend means new playlist. There's a lot of pressure when someone asks me for a mix tape, especially if it's the first time. For starters, I don't know him very well, so I only have a small glimpse into what music he likes. For instance I know he's going to Band of Horses this weekend so I know he likes that type of music, but it also means I don't need to put them on the tape. I know he enjoyed Florence at the VMA's, but I was enjoying her enough for the entire audience so it could have just rubbed off. And, 3. He was really impressed with B.O.B. at the House of Blues. Not very helpful.

So, my goal...a perfect mix of 1. Songs that are from my "Forever Favorites" list on iTunes, 2. New music that he probably hasn't heard that I've been listening to on repeat, and 3. Artists that have made a big splash in my musical world the past few years that I feel obligated to pass on.

Mix tapes are a rough business, but someone has to do them. I'll take this one for the team.

Songs for Ilir

1. The Night Starts Here - Stars
2. The Cave - Mumford and Sons
3. Runaway - The National
4. The Diamond Church Street Choir - The Gaslight Anthem
5. I Was Made For Sunny Days - The Weepies
6. Cannibal Resource - Dirty Projectors
7. The Crane Wife 3 - The Decemberists
8. Two - The Antlers
9. Drinking Again - Collin Herring
10. Don't Leave My Mind - Azure Ray
11. Old Before Your Time - Ray LaMontagne
12. I Feel Ya Strutter - Of Montreal
13. Daylight - Matt and Kim
14. Help I'm Alive - Metric
15. Heavy Cross - Gossip
16. Baby - Devendra Banhart
17. I And Love And You - The Avett Brothers
18. Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy
19. Many Happy Regrets - Tim Locke

XO-
EBG

No comments:

Post a Comment