Friday, September 24, 2010

Excellent Use of Music in TV - Ashes and Wine

And today's winner goes to...

Vampire Diaries! (Crowd goes wild.)

For its exceptional use of A Fine Frenzy's Ashes and Wine in the last few minutes of Thursday's episode "Bad Moon Rising." ESPECIALLY, when Elena asks Damon if he knew Jeremy had on the ring that would prevent him from dying. When he answers honestly, and heartbreakingly, "no," we know that their friendship is over...since she tells him it is. (Of course, it's only the second season, so "over" means probably 2-3 episodes of heavy banter. Which I LOVE.)

I can't find the video online, and am not tech savvy enough to create it by myself...so here's a live version of the song, and a picture of Damon. Stare at it while listening to the song and feel your own heart melt. I don't have a brother, so I don't know what it would be like for a vampire to try to kill him. But seriously, how can you walk away from this?




Is there a chance?
A fragment of light at the end of the tunnel?
A reason to fight?
Is there a chance you may change your mind?
Or are we ashes and wine?

Enjoy!

XO-
EBG

1 comment:

  1. I love the line "I don't have a brother...so I don't know what it would be like to have a vampire try to kill him." Because having a brother is the hard thing to imagine...not the vampire bit :-)

    ReplyDelete