Thursday, September 16, 2010

Purple Haze

Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Album: Are You Experienced

Today feels a little like being between sleep and awake...almost like a dream Jimi Hendrix once had. I'm not really "present" today, but I'm ok with that "floating" feeling, though it hurts to laugh. Whatever was in my throat has moved down to my chest, so I'm downing tea and oj...and why that reminds me of "Sippin' on gin and juice," I have no idea. Is it time for bed, yet? I thought 9 hours yesterday plus 9 hours today would make me hate sleep. Wrong.

And the soup I hunted down for at lunch burned my tongue. The steam should have been an indicator, and I wish I could blame it on being a little out-of-it, but it's really just me.

XOXO
-EBG

PS. This song is based on a dream, not drugs. I am not on drugs...or, uh, meds. Really, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment